Agile Process Leaders (Scrum Masters) at Alley are responsible for driving their team’s effectiveness by educating their team and other company members in Scrum, leveraging the Scrum framework to improve team communication around impediments and risk, increasing the velocity of client value delivery, and fostering a culture of respect and transparency.
We are seeking an Agile Process Leader with experience using agile methodologies, preferably in an agency, professional services, or media technology organization context, to join our team in guiding clients and team members through production projects and beyond.
Qualified applicants should display strong verbal and written communication skills, quick and creative problem-solving, resourcefulness, and superior attention-to-detail. You’re expected to keep track of everything happening on your team since no detail is too small — so be sure to include “Welcome to the world of tomorrow!” in your cover letter to be considered. Additionally, the ability to identify when to raise an impediment or blocker and how, when, and why to raise concerns with the client and/or internal team is crucial.
This is an engaging, fast-paced and, at times, intense environment where the ability to manage competing priorities is essential. You will be expected to inherit and iterate upon our Scrum principles and work with the entire team to ensure that all of our projects adhere to them.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field. To learn more about how Alley values diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), read our DEI pledge.
- Simultaneously manage production/maintenance of several client engagements in the context of a single dedicated Scrum team.
- Guide the team through Scrum rituals — sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospective, demo, and the daily scrum.
- Educate your team and the broader Alley team about core Scrum concepts and patterns.
- Participate in the broader community of Agile Process Leaders at Alley within our Scrum@Scale structure, and help senior leaders understand and resolve the impediments your team may be facing.
- Facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain transparency of progress — make work visible — throughout the lifetime of a project for both internal and external stakeholders in order to clearly manage expectations.
- Digest large amounts of information from meetings and translate into “actionable items” and/or reference materials for team members.
- Anticipate and remove potential roadblocks to ensure team efficiency.
- Drive the team towards continuous growth, with a focus on removing waste from team and Alley-wide processes.
- You are service-oriented with an ability to proactively manage expectations.
- You understand how to dig into the root cause of impediments and work towards the removal of blockers.
- You communicate professionally and effectively via tools such as Zoom, Slack, Google Apps, and Jira.
- You have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, ideally in the context of an agency, professional services firm, or media technology organization.
- You rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- You have experience working with agile methodologies, particularly Scrum, and the values (commitment, courage, focus, openness and respect) that make it a successful product development approach.
- You are familiar with project management/issue tracking systems such as Jira.
- Being a Certified Scrum Master is preferred, but not required.
- Competitive salaries – We recognize several levels of career progression for Agile Process Leaders and tie compensation to those levels corresponding to their seniority and experience. We are currently searching for an experienced Agile Process Leader with base salaries starting at $70k and $85k. If you consider yourself to be at a higher level, we still encourage you to apply and can discuss additional opportunities with you!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Monthly lunch allowance
- Flexible time off policy
- Remote first – We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working space.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.