Agile Process Leaders at Alley are responsible for driving their team’s effectiveness by increasing the velocity of client value delivery, leveraging the Scrum framework to improve team communication around impediments and risk, and fostering a culture of respect and transparency.
We are seeking a Scrum Master with experience using agile methodologies, preferably in an agency, professional services, or media technology organization context, to join our team in guiding clients and team members through production projects and beyond.
Qualified applicants should display strong verbal and written communication skills, quick and creative problem-solving, resourcefulness, and superior attention-to-detail. You’re expected to keep track of everything happening on your team since no detail is too small — so be sure to include “Welcome to the world of tomorrow!” in your cover letter to be considered. The ability to effectively work remotely is a must. Additionally, the ability to identify when to raise an impediment or blocker and how, when, and why to raise concerns with the client and/or internal team is crucial.
This is a fun, fast-paced and, at times, intense environment where the ability to multi-task and prioritize is essential. You will be expected to inherit and iterate upon our Scrum principles and work with the entire team to ensure that all of our projects adhere to them.
- Simultaneously manage production/maintenance of several client engagements in the context of a single dedicated Scrum team.
- Guide the team through Scrum rituals — sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospective, demo, and the daily standup.
- Participate in the broader community of Agile Process Leaders at Alley within our Scrum@Scale structure, and help senior leaders understand and resolve the impediments your team may be facing.
- Understand and manage client expectations throughout the life of a project.
- Effectively and efficiently engage with large teams of clients and coworkers.
- Schedule, collaborate, plan, and run in-person, on-site meetings or remote meetings with large groups of client stakeholders.
- Maintain transparency of progress — making work visible — throughout the lifetime of a project for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Digest large amounts of information from meetings and translate/condense into “actionable items” and/or reference materials for team members.
- Anticipate and remove potential roadblocks to ensure team efficiency.
- Service-oriented with an ability to proactively manage expectations.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively via tools such as Zoom, Slack, Google Apps, and Jira.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, ideally in the context of an agency, professional services firm, or media technology organization.
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Experience working with agile methodologies, particularly Scrum, and the values (commitment, courage, focus, openness and respect) that make it a successful project management approach.
- Familiarity with project management/issue tracking systems such as Jira and time tracking systems such as Harvest.
- Ability to travel to visit clients for major events (kickoffs, etc.) — typically only a few times per year.
- Certified Scrum Master preferred but not required. If you are CSM certified, include in your cover letter the company that conducted your scrum training and which certifying body your certification is from.
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer a 401(k) with company matching, a profit sharing plan, and a monthly lunch allowance.
We have no set hours and do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge, and we suggest an average of three weeks off per year.
We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working space.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.