The Digital Strategist is a critical leadership role in Alley’s client services and web product business. The Digital Strategist works collaboratively with clients and teams to develop a strong vision for web products and fosters client relationships over a long period of time. As a Product Owner (PO) on an Alley team, the Digital Strategist is a principal client representative at the agency. The PO enables the production team to deliver valuable web projects that meet client needs. The Digital Strategist is accountable – along with the team – for project quality, client satisfaction, budget, and timeline.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
- Act as the Product Owner (PO) for a scrum team, which includes developers, designers, and a Scrum Master
- Develop a clear and achievable product vision and articulate it to clients and your team
- Manage business relationships with multiple clients in diverse fields including media and nonprofit organizations
- Identify, document, and prioritize team tasks that reflect the product vision, client needs, and business value
- Review the team’s work for quality and provide final sign-off on completeness
- Monitor project budgets and delivery timelines
- Be the primary client representative for the projects assigned to your team
- Stay abreast of developments and trends on the web to inform new ideas and provide strategic advice to Alley’s clients
- Develop new business opportunities with existing clients, and participate in the business development process with potential new clients as needed
- Participate in the broader community of Alley strategists and share experiences and insights that benefit the entire company’s Scrum@Scale process
- A team-oriented leader who helps colleagues coalesce around a product vision and strategy
- Experience delivering web projects, including new sites, full redesigns, and site features in a role such as a project/product manager, producer, or strategist
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous client projects
- Experience speaking to stakeholders about web product strategy and technical topics
- Strong client relationship management abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with software engineers, designers, and other technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with the Scrum agile product development framework a strong plus
- Familiarity with WordPress and other web technologies a strong plus
- Experience in a professional services agency a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be located within the US or Canada
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer a 401(k) with company matching, a profit sharing plan, and a monthly lunch allowance.
We have no set hours and do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge, and we suggest an average of three weeks off per year.
We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working space.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.