This role helps our team define and build efficient publishing workflows for our clients in WordPress and leads Alley’s training practice, where we teach writers, editors, and other team members how to use and make the most of their WordPress content management system.
Websites have two broad user groups — those who consume content and those who produce it. We are looking for a Senior Editorial Strategist to champion and support hardworking content producers—our clients.
The Senior Editorial Strategist helps us to better understand how our clients manage and publish their content. They are involved with new client projects from the beginning. They identify ways to make editorial workflows more efficient and intuitive for writers and editors and then work with our developers to customize the WordPress CMS to meet their needs.
The Senior Editorial Strategist conducts WordPress demos and trainings so our clients can become confident users of their new CMS. We also handle ongoing training needs for some of our largest client newsrooms.
In addition to these project responsibilities, the Senior Editorial Strategist supports internal initiatives such as ongoing staff training for new WordPress capabilities. They also support our sales process by creating demos for prospective clients that help them envision how WordPress can improve their editorial workflow.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field. Read our DEI pledge to learn more about how Alley values diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Lead editorial workflow discovery sessions for new client projects
- Consult with Alley’s designers, developers, and product managers to represent the editorial workflow needs of Alley’s clients
- Conduct WordPress trainings for Alley clients and team members
- Create training materials and detailed CMS documentation
- Work with Alley’s leadership to develop new processes and refine services in this area of our work
- You are an expert user of WordPress
- You have planned and led trainings, workshops, or other similar meetings for groups
- You effectively balance multiple, simultaneous client projects
- You work collaboratively and cross-functionally with software engineers, designers, and other team members
- You are a skilled written and verbal communicator
- You are an engaging presenter, who can translate technical information to non-technical users
Bonus Points if
- You have experience working with a team that publishes high-volumes of content
- You have worked in a newsroom as a WordPress CMS user, especially as a managing editor
- You have experience working with an agency
- Competitive salaries – We recognize several levels of career progression for Editorial Project Specialists and tie compensation to those levels corresponding to seniority and experience. We are currently searching for a mid-level specialist with a salary band starting at $85k. If you consider yourself to be at a higher level, we still encourage you to apply and can discuss additional opportunities with you!
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Monthly lunch allowance
- Flexible time off policy
- Remote-first – We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a coworking space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a coworking space.
Attention recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.