Lede is building the most approachable platform for emerging publishers to connect with their communities and create sustainable businesses, and we need a software developer excited to contribute.
We’re not looking for rockstars, zombies or magicians. We’re looking for motivated, creative, and resourceful developers who take pride in their work and want to be part of our mission to help new publishers launch and grow their businesses.
Lede is a startup backed by Alley Group, an agency with more than a decade of experience working with some of the largest publishers in the industry. It’s the best of both worlds: we can move quickly, guided by our own product priorities and offer substantial equity to members of the founding team, and we have the support of our parent company for operations so we can focus on what matters most—building an innovative product.
Software Developers at Lede need to be well-rounded technologists who have a holistic understanding of the web technology stacks that we work with, are excited about keeping our team at the cutting edge, and are eager to work with publishers to help them solve interesting and novel business problems.
Lede is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
- We make extensive use of Next.js, React, Node, and related tooling, including webpack. Experience with some or all of these is essential, and experience with TypeScript and GraphQL are a plus.
- Our content management system is based in WordPress. No PHP or WordPress experience is required, but some familiarity with it is a plus.
- Experience integrating with a large content management backend is a major plus.
- Lede prides itself on its ability to address unusual, novel, and complex problems that deal with the intersection of technology, business, and content production. You should understand and be able to discuss web technologies and systems conceptually, and be able to learn a new language, technology stack, or framework quickly if the need arises.
- You should feel comfortable with command line tools that go along with JS development, including Git, npm, Node, unit testing frameworks, and continuous integration systems.
- We apply Scrum as a development methodology, and broadly endorse Agile as a philosophy. You must be open to working this way as well, and prior experience is a plus.
- You should also have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to wield them with team members and stakeholders.
- We look for team members with a stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a committed attitude about documentation, user stories, and collaboration.
- Competitive salaries – We recognize several levels of career progression for developers and tie compensation to those levels corresponding to their seniority and experience. We are currently searching for developer candidates to join at any of our first four levels, with base salaries starting at $50k, $80k, $90k, and $105k. If you consider yourself to be at a higher level, we still encourage you to apply and can discuss additional opportunities with you!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Monthly lunch allowance
- Flexible schedules – We do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge.
- Remote first – We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working space.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.