Software Developers are a key part of Alley’s team. This position is for a developer to work on a specific Vue/Laravel project. You would work collaboratively with other members of the Alley team as well as with the client’s principals. This is a temporary full time position (approximately 6 months) with the option to become a permanent team member.
Our developers need to be well-rounded technologists who have a holistic understanding of the web technology stacks that we work with and are able to interface with clients in a professional way.
We’re not looking for rockstars, zombies, or magicians. We’re looking for motivated, creative, and resourceful developers who want to partner with impressive clients and who take pride in their work.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
Our interview process has four stages including a phone interview, two video interviews, and a final interview in Slack. We are happy to make accommodations for candidates who may use screen readers, audio captioning devices, interpreters, or other accessibility aids. If you have any questions about our hiring process, or if you would like to request an accommodation for any stage of our process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that requesting accommodations will have no impact on your consideration for hire.
- On the backend, we are using Laravel and PHP. Previous experience is a plus, and a willingness to learn each is essential.
- We are using Tailwind for CSS. Previous experience is a plus.
- You should feel comfortable at a Unix command line, even if you aren’t an expert.
- You must know your way around git and understand version control well, and be able to carry out typical operations with it, including branching, merging, submitting code for peer review, and reviewing your peers’ code yourself.
- We apply Scrum as a development methodology, and broadly endorse Agile as a philosophy. You must be open to working this way as well, and prior experience is a plus.
- You should also have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to wield them with both team members and clients.
- Important “soft skills” at Alley include: discipline concerning delivery dates, stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a committed attitude about documentation, user stories, issue tracking, and timesheets.
Please provide links to at least three separate code samples, along with a description of each detailing what you wrote, why you’re proud of it, and how it reflects your experience and abilities. At least one of your code samples must demonstrate Vue.js knowledge.
It’s OK if you didn’t write 100% of the code you submit because you were part of a team that worked on it together, or because it includes open source components. In these cases, please explain what your specific contributions to the codebase were. We cannot accept any application without code samples.
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer a 401(k) with company matching, a profit sharing plan, and a monthly lunch allowance.
We have no set hours and do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge, and we suggest an average of three weeks off per year.
We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working space.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.